Wednesday, May 31, 2017

POST RACE meals

The week after a race I usually try to get in a good amount of protein to hopefully help my muscles repair themselves. I also splurge a little on what I want to eat cause I feel like I should be burning calories for at least a week. I do don't I? Anyway, I was craving Chicken and Waffles so I used this recipe here

A family favorite at my house are STACKS. It's like an open faced hot sandwich. It's comfort food for me. There are a variety of ways to stack it but this is how we do it (I just sang those words as I typed them). Remember that song? Back to the stack. Pick your choice of bread. Next, I buy my turkey patty from Costco. Cook it. Stack it. Plopped on some mashed potatoes. Then smothered it in homemade gravy. I used this gravy recipe . Healthy it up with some veg on the side.




No comments:

Post a Comment