Wednesday, July 26, 2017

PIZZA PARTY!

I am going to share 2 pizza recipes with you today. I almost always use the same crust recipe when I make a pizza. Here it is....

1 1/2 cup warm water
1 TBSP sugar
1 TBSP active dry yeast
1/2 tsp salt
3-4 1/2 cups flour (I use white whole wheat flour)

In my Kitchenaid, combine 1 1/2 cups warm water, 1 TBSP, & 1 TBSP active dry yeast. Wait 10-15 min for it to proof. Add 1/2 tsp salt and start adding your flour 1/2 cup at a time until it doesn't stick to your fingers anymore.
Spray a medium bowl with cooking spray, plop your dough in the bowl and let it rise for about an hour.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
Lightly spray a pizza stone (I highly recommend one) with cooking oil and work the dough (with your hands) onto the stone to form your crust.
With a fork poke a few holes in the crust dough. Lightly spray the dough with cooking spray and lightly sprinkle with garlic salt.
Bake for 10-12 min. Take it out of the oven, put on your toppings and pop it back in for another 12ish minutes.

What do you get when you combine pizza and a taco? TACO PIZZA!

I cook 1 lb of ground turkey and half an onion. Season with taco seasoning of your choice. I use chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, & oregano to taste. Chop up half a red pepper and toss that in once the meat is cooked through.

I warmed up a can of refried beans and spread a thin layer of it on the crust as my base later. Grate some cheese and evenly spread on top. Then, the cooked taco meat goes on top of that. Once it's done in the oven I add tomatoes, lettuce, and avocado on top.

My kids loved it!
Next pizza, same crust, different pizza. My kids didn't think they would like this pizza but they were proven wrong once their tastebuds touched the pizza.

PESTO CHICKEN BROCCOLI PIZZA  


I bought 1 head of broccoli, cut it in bite sized pieces and steamed it just until it starts to soften. Use pesto as the base. I, of course, use the Costco brand (see previous post). Grate moza cheese and spread evenly on the top of the pesto. To make my life easier I used canned chicken. Use 1-2 cans depending on likeness. Toss broccoli pieces on, sprinkle with minced garlic and pepper, & pop it back in the oven. Serve with a side of watermelon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment