Saturday, August 12, 2017

Cheesy Quiche

Tasted as good as it looks!
 
I used Kodiak Cakes recipe for my crust. It (barely) makes 2 pie crusts so I made 2 quiches so we have left overs. My family of 4 almost ate 1 whole pie for dinner. I cooked the pie crusts @ 350 for 5 minutes BEFORE putting in the egg mixture just so there wasn't a soggy crust. TIP: After pre-baking put tinfoil strips around the crust edges so the edges don't get overly crispy like mine did.

For the egg mixture:
8 eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1-2 cups shredded cheese
1 tsp minced garlic
Salt and pepper, to taste

Whisk everything together.
 
For the filling, the options are endless but this is what I put in mine:
1 head of broccoli, cut in bite size pieces (put in a bowl with water and nuked for a couple of minutes to help soften
6 slices of ham, cut in small pieces
 
Incorporate in to the egg mixture and disperse evenly into 2 pie plates. Cook at 350 for 45 min to 1 hour (or until set).




No comments:

Post a Comment