Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Most Important Meal of the Day

Frittata's are so great because the add-ins are endless. Here is the base I use for a frittata and then you add in your family's favorites.

In a large bowl whisk 8 eggs and 1/2 cup egg white, 1/2 cup milk, 1 tsp salt, & 1/4 tsp pepper.

Here is what I added in:
8 oz sausage, cooked
4 slices ham, cubed
3 green onion, chopped
1/2 TBSP minced garlic
1/4 red, orange, yellow bell peppers, diced
Small broccoli head, chopped small, I boiled mine just for a few minutes to slightly soften

Started with the sausage and then throw everything else in there to soften. Then remove everything to a separate bowl. Drain broccoli and add with everything else. Preheat oven to 350.


Grease the same large/deep skillet (I used a 4 QT) really well. Put the egg mixture in the skillet on medium heat and let it firm up for a few minutes. Dump your veg/meat mixture evenly into the eggs. Cook in the oven until eggs are set in the middle, mine took almost 30 minutes.

I think this paired well with my favorite summer salad. I promise it's so easy! I grabbed a 10 oz container of spinach from the grocery store and put half or maybe a little over half in a large bowl.
1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1/2+ cup chopped almonds (I like using whole slightly salted almonds and chopping them up)

For the dressing:
1/4 olive oil
2 TBSP red wine vinegar
2 TBSP honey
1-1/2 tsp poppy seeds
Whisk together
Toss everything together and VIOLA you have a yummy easy salad for summer that works as a "breakfast" meal because spinach, almonds, & strawberries are things I put in a morning smoothie quite a lot.




No comments:

Post a Comment